Friday, May 28, 2010

Instead of Watching TV...


Instead of watching TV last night, I went out to the side yard to look at the moon with my telescope. Clouds moved in, so I was watching the full moon with dark clouds moving across its face - a lovely moment. Some times astronomical observations are more poetic when you can't see the object clearly. Anyhow, I stayed out late, and completely forgot to post a photograph! This is a rose that I photographed while on my photographic expedition around Sea Cliff on my bike the other day. I love the beauty of the rose, and the simplicity of the darker background, which keeps the focus on the blossom itself. A rose is such a magnificent object. The hard part is finding a blossom that is in perfect condition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you posted a photo. I checked your blog when I arrived at work & nothing --- not like Ken.
Pretty rose - mine were damaged by the rain.
Joan