Thursday, May 20, 2010

High Flight


I was using a telescope in the side yard to look at the moon while it was still daylight. A bit earlier in the afternoon I was rummaging around in my trunk, and I looked up at the moon and suddenly I saw a beautiful contrail, being drawn in the sky right next to the first quarter moon. It happened so suddenly I didn't even have time to reach for my camera. Anyhow, back to looking through my telescope at a close view of the moon. I took my eye away from the eyepiece, and saw another plane flying away from the moon, leaving a contrail! Duh! So finally I got my camera out, set it down next to the telescope, and within 15 or 20 minutes, here came yet another airplane and its contrail! Click, click click. Here it is, finally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a striking photo. So simple yet such a complex view of our world, if this makes any sense.