Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fireworks!


There were fireworks down at the harbor, in celebration of Memorial day, so we went down to watch them. I have photographed fireworks at two different sites in the past, and posted the images here. But I thought tonight that I better do something different, because shooting the bursts in the sky was getting old. I realized that I need an interesting foreground if the picture was to be worthwhile. Well, I lucked out, because I saw this family standing right at the edge of the water. Perfect! The one frustrating thing was that the exposure was 5 or 10 seconds, and they kept moving while watching the fireworks. So they are blurred to different degrees. But they do read as a family with a small child, fortunately.

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

Fireworks can be tough to shoot. I've tried and failed many times. Your scene is fun to see and I agree the people in the foreground make the shot.