Monday, June 21, 2010

Avoiding The Sun


We went to dinner at a restaurant that had outdoor seating. Four of us sitting around a table. Only one problem, with each of us facing in a cardinal direction, someone has to face west, toward the setting sun. That would be me. So the trick was to find if there was a way to block the sun. One of the sides of the umbrella over the table was broken and sagged. So we rotated the umbrella so that it kept me in the shade. With all the studying of the arrangement of the umbrellas, I suddenly realized that there was an interesting abstract photo. Here it is. By the way, I noticed today that this is my 1200th continuous post since the blog began. Feels like a significant milestone - about three and a quarter years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the milestone Ken, I love the blog and have been following it from the beginning. I enjoy the variety and the creativeness of your photos and like others I also love the history lessons and prose. Your retirement has been our gain.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1200th post. I hope it continues forever! It is what I look forward to each day before starting work. Love the photos and the stories.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have continued your blog. 1200 pictures,stories, lessons, observations - quite an achievement. I have learned a little and enjoyed a lot along the way - thank you. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I just thought I would mention it offhand, and I am so pleased that it matters to you all! Thanks! Now I will have to worker even harder... :-)