Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fence & Ferns


I went to the post office today to mail a letter, and when I got out of my car, I saw these ferns poking through this old fence. Know where this is? Right, the "Adams House" as someone called it in a previous post. You know, the shot at night with the house looking mysterious against the sky. Anyhow, these are really pretty ferns - not as delicate as the ones on the fern bank in front of my house, but pretty in a different way, with wider fronds. Something about them poking through the old white fence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, this photo is so appealing. Could be the fence isn't perfectly painted and shows signs that it's enjoyed sun, wind and rain over the years. And despite -- or maybe because of -- its appearance, the ferns embrace it, like newly-adopted puppies, hugging each post closely, yet reaching out to capture their share of sun, wind and rain.