Friday, June 25, 2010

Niagara!


The four of us drove to Niagara Falls today, on a bright sunny day. Haven't been here in years and years. What a stunning place. Since I first spent time here in the early 1960's the American side of the falls has been transformed into a beautiful park, and there are so many different viewpoints for both the American falls and the Horseshoe falls, on the Canadian side. I wore myself out shooting photograph after photograph - what a joy to have so many wonderful things to shoot! I thought it would be hard to pick a favorite, but as I watched the people in raincoats navigate the complex of stairs on the "Cave of the Winds" tour, I knew I had the best photo of the day. It looks as if they are present at the end of the world in some way! I just love the mystery - that we are not sure what is going on, and the beauty of it all. I am looking down on them from the precipice of the falls, about a hundred feet above them.

No comments: