Friday, June 18, 2010

Old Folks


Old folks enjoying the late afternoon sun. I am joking about the "old folks" part. Well, not joking exactly, but after all, I am "old folks." They were sitting on the bench next to me, where I stop after my ride to cool down, and enjoy the sunset. It is unusual for anyone else to be in the park, so I got my camera which I carry on the bike, stood up, and walked behind them to take their picture. They didn't sit long - I only got three frames before they got up and left! I was just starting to look for other angles! Rats! I wanted to try a lower angle to see if I could eliminate the distracting split rail fence behind them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice! Walk & then stop to enjoy the view. We don't do it enought, but then I am not as old as you or retired yet! :-)
Joan

Liz said...

This reminds me of the Simon & Garfunkel song, "Old friends... sit on the park bench like bookends" (or something like that).