Monday, June 14, 2010

Two Cubic Yards!


Two cubic yards of anything is a LOT of stuff. The "stuff" today was dumped in the end of my driveway by a dump truck, and it is called "Sweet Peet" and it is not spelled "peat" because it is not. Sweet Peet is a mulch made here on Long Island, apparently, and is a mixture of wood chips and horse manure, mainly. So I spent the afternoon filling my wheelbarrow a whole bunch of times and dumping the stuff in each of the gardens, where Kathy spread it around. The gardens look really terrific with this mulch surrounding the plants. When I was done, I took a look at this plant from directly above and saw this really nice design. The plant is cilantro, and I photographed it in the herb garden where it lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Job! 2 cubic yards is a lot to wheelbarrow around. Hope you weren't to tired to go out to dinner!
Joan

Anonymous said...

where can we buy this stuff?

Ken Spencer said...

We bought the stuff, in bulk, at the yard where I buy bricks, and sand and cement. "Sweet Peet" is on the web - it turns out that it is made in Connecticut, I think. There is a video on the web that seems to indicate that it is sold by the bag somewhere.