Sunday, June 6, 2010

Spencers & Brocketts


I went to a 65th birthday party in Connecticut today. It was for my friend "Skipper" Brockett. I am standing on the left in a white shirt, and he is standing next to me We have been friends since we were kids. He and his family lived two houses away from us, and my sisters went to school with his sisters and brother, and we all played together. So one of his sisters decided we should all get together, after all these years to celebrate. It was such a nice day, seeing everyone together. I will say this about Skip - he may be 65, but he is STILL surfing and hang-gliding! Oh, and his sisters are all readers of this blog as well. What's not to like about THAT!

1 comment:

Bunny said...

What a marvelous get together. I have so many fond childhood memories of the neighborhood we grew up in. Especially Halloween! Kick the can. War, our swing on the apple tree, the year we had the flood and Dad let us rowboat in the McGuire's apple orchard, and then ice skating at Nigs pond. Of course there was always Ft. Trumbull beach, the pink bakery ...... and so on. Good Times! - Bunny