Sunday, June 20, 2010

Owego


We are headed upstate for a visit, and one of my favorite towns is Owego, NY. I have been going through here for over 40 years, and I have seen many changes here in my passings. Originally there was a truss bridge that crossed the Susquehanna river, but that bridge was replaced with a modern concrete and steel bridge. But this scene, of the rear of buildings has been the most interesting to me. The rear of the buildings hang out over the river. Gradually over the years, the river has silted up underneath the buildings, and now that the new bridge has been completed, they have made a walkway at the river level. Years ago I visited an artist friend in Sea Cliff, and she had a painting of this scene, and I was blown away. I had a photograph that was almost an exact match! So it was fun to take time to photograph this scene again today. You might want to click on this to see a larger image with more detail.

No comments: