Saturday, June 5, 2010

My, What Big Feet You Have...


I have been coming to Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut once a year for nearly twenty years. I come here for an astronomical conference called "StarConn" (get it?) Anyhow, today I noticed a man staring at something on the wall, so I went over to look, and noticed that there were fossils of original dinosaur footprints fastened to the wall. I know they have been here for as long as I have been coming, but I never REALLY noticed them. These are really impressive. They were found in some nearby rock formations, across the river from the university. Anyhow, I started really paying attention, and tried to figure out how to make an interesting photo. Without some sense of scale, I realized that the fossils were not as impressive in a photo. Let's see, what to I have with me that I could use for scale? OH! I promise you I am NOT touching the fossils - my hand is about an inch or two away from the rock - I just thought you should know that.

No comments: