Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back in Time


I will be showing some "left over" photographs from Rochester. One of the exhibits I saw at Eastman House was a series of portraits since the beginning of photography up to modern times. I saw a number of early photographic processes, including Daguerreotypes, Ambrotypes, Tintypes, and Salt Prints. So when I went out to photograph the garden in the rain, I started thinking about how it might look if I visualized it as it might be seen with an older process. So I shot this pergola in color, but I have converted it to sepia tones, as it might appear in one of the older processes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sepia tones, but I also want to see the comparison in color after looking at Herm & Mary Jane's colorful porch.
Joan

Anonymous said...

ditto what joan said