Saturday, June 12, 2010

Zig-Zag


Man, what's with all this design stuff I am shooting, all of a sudden? I dunno... I guess I am seeing design more than other things these last couple of days. I was taken by the late afternoon light on the trees in the distance, and the dark sky, and started looking for a way to make a picture that included those elements. Of course I was in my after-my-bikeride-cool-down park, so I needed to shoot from here. I was playing around, and then suddenly I became aware of these zig-zag lines - the park benches, and the split rail fence. So I convinced myself that it was an interesting composition... :-)

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

Great shot! This is a new view for me because the small waterfront park with benches was added by Sea Cliff long after moving away thirty five years ago. The tree lined road with Hempstead Harbor to the west is a magnificent spot to relax and commune with nature. All that's missing from this scene is our Lightning and Highlander sailboats resting peacefully at anchor.