Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ablaze With Color


During my bike ride today, I was grinding my way up the mile-long hill when I saw this gorgeous red japanese maple kind of all by itself in the woods in front of someone's home. But I had a hill to climb, so I did a dangerous thing - I didn't stop! Then I immediately worried that the light might change by the time I came back down the hill. Dumb thing to do, passing a picture like that. The rule is always STOP NOW! Well I didn't but I was in luck. I finished the ride to the top, turned around and raced half way to the bottom, and the orange sunlight was still on the tree! Whew! Just brilliant color, the combination of the red leaves and the orange light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a spectacular picture!! red japanese maples offer beautiful colors... one question. did you have to ride your bike back UP the hill again?

Ken Spencer said...

No, I spotted this on the way to the top, passed it, then stopped half way down. There are limits to how much torture I will do to myself on the bike! :-)