Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Color, Again


I have had to wait for fall color for so long this year. Now that it is here, I am seeing pictures everywhere. This is the Japanese maple, and I see it from this angle every time I pull into the driveway. I saw it the day before yesterday and did some pictures, but the Sun had moved too far west to illuminate the whole branch. Imagine my happiness when today, earlier in the day, I saw that the branch was completely illuminated. I tried some subtle differences in composition before deciding on this view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty. Amazing with one tree that you can compose so many photos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

the colors did seem to come very late this year.. i started to think they weren't coming at all. i am so glad to see them at last!!