Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dusty Miller


I spent yesterday raking leaves in the yard. I actually hated to rake the beautiful red and yellow leaves from underneath the Japanese maple tree, but it was time. In the process, I did a quick job raking leaves out of parts of the gardens around the house. That is what brought me here to this garden, and this plant. I love the beautiful subtle color of Dusty miller. And the shape of the leaves, if that is what they are called, resemble snowflakes in their shape. Just a lovely plant. I spent a while with various different compositions, both close and further away, and settled on this closer view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Glad it is not an indication of real snow flakes.
It is still fall. Happy Thanksgiving.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Dusty Miller is Sam's favorite ground cover, being durable and gentle, peaceful looking, and modest. Wish I had some growing here... .

It is perfect all summer, and is even nicer around Thanksgiving. May all who read this enjoy the calm and the warmth of Thanksgiving, and be grateful for so many fine images Ken keeps on making for us.