Monday, November 14, 2011

Flying Again!


Well at least today's photo isn't fall color again. Of course, it is me again... I promise, no more pictures of me for a long time. But I am excited today! I have been meaning to get back to flying for about a year now. I need to do a lot of studying for my biennial flight review. Stuff like airspace, weather and forecasts, aircraft performance, and FAA regulations among other knowledge. So until I have done all my studying, I wasn't planning on flying. The biennial consists of an informal written and oral exam, and then several hours of time in the airplane with an instructor. But I realized that I was really missing flying - it must have been sitting in the cockpit of that Thunderbolt! So I today I just scheduled time in an airplane with an instructor. I haven't really flown in four years, so a lot of things seemed a bit foreign to me, but my flying skills, according to the instructor were not bad. It was great to be back in the air again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is like riding a bike. You will be a master at it, as you are with so many things. I remember you flying to Stratford to pick Mom up and she had to climb on the wing of the plan to get in it for a trip to LI.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I'm glad to see you are back in the cockpit. I will always remember the day you took me flying in a seaplane where we took off from Manhasset Bay and toured the western end of Long Island Sound - that was a wonderful experience.

Anonymous said...

Sam is glad that you're back in the "saddle" again!