Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New England Stone Wall


We are in Attleboro, Mass, in the heart of New England, at Pat & Bethany's for Thanksgiving with family from upstate New York and Baltimore, Maryland. When we drove in this morning, on a rainy misty day, this stone wall jumped out at me right away. When I was growing up, I would visit my grandfather's farm, and all the fields were ringed with these old stone walls built by hand from rocks which came to the surface after plowing each spring. These walls were all covered with lichen, and seeing this brought back so many wonderful feelings of visiting the old farm. Together with family at Thanksgiving - the only place to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You brought back wonderful memories of Grandpa's farm, the stone walls, wonderful Thanksgiving get togethers and family. I love New England.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your nice comments! And for a nice place to sleep on our journey!