Thursday, September 27, 2012

Big Boat

I know, I know, this is not really a "boat," it is a ship. It is in fact, a cruise ship, the Carnival Fantasy, all 855 feet of her. She stopped in Charleston, SC for the day, and we happened to be at the dock when she set sail again. She first moved away from the pier sideways, and then backed away so she could turn for the channel. I started photographing this process from the beginning and then realized that if I waited, I could get her lined up exactly with the stunning cable-stayed New Cooper River Bridge that opened in 2005, and is a landmark in Charleston.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

Great shot! She has wings...bsk

Anonymous said...

That is an incredible picture!

Dean said...

Ken-
We dropped my wife Vicki's ashes in the harbor about a mile or two from there, among the jellyfish and dolphins (she was a SC girl). Charleston has an amazing diversity between antebellum history and new technology - I love every visit we make. -Dean