Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waterfront Park

We are in Charleston, South Carolina visiting friends who used to live across the street from us years ago. We have always stayed in touch, but we never came to see them here before. So today we did a walking tour of part of Charleston, and of course my radar was scanning at high speed, looking for photographs everywhere. We were walking through Waterfront Park which has a couple of fountains in it. I saw from a distance that there were children playing in this fountain. I switched to a 200mm lens, and walked quickly toward the fountain. Fortunately I got close enough while they were still playing. I didn't have much time to shoot - I think I shot about 12 frames. This could be better, if they had stayed in the fountain longer, or if I had gotten there sooner. But I will accept this as not too bad.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

A wonderful day for water play down at Charleston's Waterfront Park! The photo captures the children's activity but the fountain's streams of water appear frozen in time. Very cool photo!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your stay! Charleston is awesome and you really captured the fun of that fountain.
-NSM