Monday, September 17, 2012

The Leaves

I was riding back up our hill at the end of my bike ride, and realized that I hadn't found a shot for today. So when a neighbor's garden caught my eye, I stopped, got off the bike, and got out my iPhone. The plant that attracted me, with hundreds of thin leaves, close to the ground, turned out not to be as interesting as I thought. But I did find this plant. It is kind of cool - the gardener has planted it in such a way that it completely surrounds a telephone pole on the corner. I may have to post that shot later on. But the plant does a great job of making the garden look better, because the pole is not visible. What grabbed me here were these incredible variegated leaves! They look as if they were splattered with paint! They are stunning to see in person.

No comments: