Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Invertebrate Biology

As I drove by the harbor today on the way home I saw a whole group of people down on the sandbar with shovels and buckets. I have never seen so many people in a group on the beach. So I screeched to a stop, jumped out, grabbed the camera, and started photographing. I began shooting from a distance, and then gradually moved in, until I was standing at the periphery of the group. When there was a break, I asked the professor if it was a class, and he said it was a field trip for a college class in invertebrate biology. I asked, because I knew you would all want to know! Even thought they were in public, I didn't feel comfortable moving in for close-up views of the students, so I worked at a distance to find interesting silhouettes.

No comments: