Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Bit of a Snotty Night...


It started snowing again this afternoon, continued into the night, and then, if that wasn't bad enough, it started to rain.  Yikes!  We were supposed to go to a meeting tonight, so I went out and cleaned off my car, and started the engine to defrost the windows.  My car was parked at the end of the driveway, behind Kathy's car, and when I walked away from it, I saw this interesting lighting.  So I went in and grabbed my camera.  The phone rang, and the meeting was cancelled, so we lucked out.  If you click on this and get a larger image, you can see the rain in the headlights.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is one cool picture once you enlarge it. Amazing how you continue to find interesting shots in your simple day to day activities. ok historic weather patterns are providing some new material............

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words. I kind of wondered if this might be thought of as a boring picture. I get desperate some times to find a picture!

Anonymous said...

Where is that light coming from? Is the car we're seeing Kathy's car, and yours - with headlights on - is behind hers? And can we talk about the philosophy of parking at the end of the driveway when we expect snow? Do you find that snow plows are less likely to block in your driveway if you're park there? Getting off topic, but nice picture.

Photodude Images said...

Instead of telling us that it's snowing again, maybe you could just mention if it happens to stop.

Anonymous said...

The enlarged photo is incredible because of the streaks of rain! bsk

Anonymous said...

How eerily beautiful!
Diane

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. Kathy's car is in the foreground, and my car is behind it, with the lights on and engine and defroster running, so that I could get the ice off the windshield. The end of the driveway thing has nothing to do with the plows. What it does mean, is that after a snowfall, we can get the cars out of the driveway by shoveling a short section of the driveway. Our driveway is about eighty feet long...