Thursday, March 5, 2015

Abstraction or Realism?




It was, of course, distressing to awake this morning to more snow.  The forecasts were for 3 to 5 inches, or 4 to 6 inches.  We ended up with 10 inches by the end of the day!  It was the type of snow that clung to everything, making for the possibility of beautiful pictures.  I was looking at some trees from out of the upstairs bedroom window, and I saw the scene in a different way.  I began to see it as an abstract composition.  So I tried a few different variations, and this is my favorite.  Please click on it to see it in more detail.  I love the complex shapes and forms, and it is fun to let your eye wander around following different objects.  The second picture is a different view of the Japanese Maple tree from above, a realistic scene.  You can pick your favorite from these two.

No comments: