Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Derelict


 I was out walking around while it was snowing and I wandered along the harbor's edge.  I was surprised to see the mast of a sailboat sticking up above the railing along the sidewalk.  So I went to investigate.  I climbed down some rocks and got down to the rocky beach.  The boat is a little banged up.  Part of the keel was damaged, probably from bouncing on the rocks as the tide came in and went out. The rudder was damaged as well.  The boat is from Glen Cove, the next town over.  It has a registration number on it, so it is strange that no has come for it.  I also don't understand how it got here.  With such a cold winter and ice covering most of the harbor I don't understand why someone would have left this boat on a mooring. Makes for an interesting picture, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a shame that the owner has neglected the boat. bsk