Thursday, March 26, 2015

Portrait Week_1


I forget that some of the best memories of a trip are not just the sights you see, but the people you meet.  That was certainly true for today.  We are here in Colorado with Fred, a colleague of Kathy's, and his wife, and he and Kathy are attending a professional conference.   Today we took a day before the conference to drive up to Boulder, Colorado.  So Fred, who is also a photographer, and I did some wandering on our own.  Fred spotted this amazing "beat" bookstore and record store in a basement.  So we went in, and spent quite a while talking about books and music with Thomas, the proprietor.  So then I asked if I could photograph him, and he said "Sure."  I do like the intensity of the interaction visible in this portrait.  And this is a great looking store, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture you in your glory smiling! Just the kind of place you could stay all day.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I could wander around the store for hours :-) bsk

Ken Spencer said...

It was a classic old bookstore with all kinds of wonderful old books, and 33 RPM records!