Saturday, March 14, 2015

Expected, Different, and Unexpected


On the way back from the grocery store late this afternoon, I drove by the biggest park in Sea Cliff where there are a couple of baseball diamonds and a memorial for those lost in the service of the country in the armed forces.  So I shot this - it's sort of the expected landscape photograph, based on its composition.  Then I went looking for a different composition.


I found this only a few feet away.  It is a different than the expected composition, with the tree trunk sticking up through the center of the photograph.  It has a completely different feeling from the first photograph.  And I like it because it is unexpected.


Then we get to this photograph, which I think has that "something" extra.  Completely unexpected.  As I wandered around looking, I was stopped in my tracks when I saw the tree coming out of the top of the rock.  This is my favorite.  This rock, which we are seeing from the side, has a bronze plaque on the front of it, with names of the lost.


No comments: