Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ice and Sea and Sky


Our side of the harbor was completely frozen over for the last couple of months.  What is amazing is how quickly the ice has broken up after a few days of temperatures in the fifties.  The individual ice floes are much more interesting to photograph than an entire broad field of ice covering the whole harbor.  I spent about an hour, wandering among the ice floes, with the tide out.  This is one of my favorites, but I have several others.  I may post some others and ask for a vote.  I love the delicate colors in this image and I love that the sky has become the sea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying your "Pastels" photo as my desktop but now I may have to change to this photo. I like the clouds reflected in the water and the soft subtle colors. bsk