Friday, March 27, 2015

Portrait Week_2


In the middle of Boulder, Colorado, there is a pedestrian mall, on Pearl Street.  Great place to hang out with restaurants and shops.  There are all kinds of performers here, and I stopped to watch this Didgeridoo player.  His name is Adam and he does a wonderful job of playing his homemade instruments.  Additionally, while he is playing, he has a stick and some wooden frog sculptures velcro'd to the didg.  Traditionally when the Aboriginals in Australia play their instruments, there would be another musician hitting sticks together.  Adam does it all himself.  I love the sounds of the Didgeridoo - I own one, but have not yet learned to play it.  He inspires me, though.  He has a wonderful calming presence which I felt when I talked to him - he is a very special person.

No comments: