Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Rothko


There has been so much going on with the weather, that I never got around to posting one of the photographs from the Yale University Art Gallery.  There are two Mark Rothko paintings on display in the gallery and I was spending some time with them.  I am trying to "get" his work.  I have watched a couple of DVD's about his work, and done some reading, and am still working on my appreciation of these paintings.  While standing there, contemplating this painting, a young couple came into the picture, and I snapped this.  There was something about them and how they were dressed, so I wanted to photograph them.  So here's a confession...  I missed a great shot.  At one point the man on the left, leaned over and kissed the young woman at right, on the back of the head, and I missed it.  Oh well...

No comments: