Thursday, March 19, 2015

Farewell, Faithful Friend


I went to take a picture with my "toy camera" the other day and when I turned it on, instead of seeing a view of what the camera saw, I saw this.  The viewing screen was all magenta and blue stripes of noise.  Uh Oh.  I tried some troubleshooting and I reinitialized it.  The next day I thought it was fixed, and brought it to an event, and when I went to take a photo, it went bonkers again.  The troubling thing is that it was only two years old.  A premature death.  It is a SONY RX 100, so I called them and they sent me to a camera repair facility in Connecticut.  I logged in to their website and was shocked to find out that the cost of the repair was a fixed $305 and that the repair might take three months!  Because I use this camera nearly every day, repair was out of the question.  So after a couple of days, I ordered a newer version of the camera.  It does make me sad, however, because this camera has been with me every day of the last two years.  I have done so many blog photographs with it. The new one arrived today, and now I can finally leave the house, because my new traveling companion is with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your "toy" camera :-( I can't believe they won't replace/fix a 2 year old camera. bsk

Anonymous said...

They don't make things the way they used to. Incredible that it only lasted 2 years. Hope you enjoy better results with your new toy.
Joan