Monday, July 6, 2015

As Strange as it Gets


I should post this as a guessing game.  Why on earth did I take a photograph like this?  There is a simple answer.  I was photographing two pair of well-used Sperry Topsider boat shoes to show to a friend.  (Don't even ask...)    I put the shoes on the front porch floor, and lifted the camera to my eye.  The zoom lens was set on wide-angle and I was surprised to see my feet in the frame!  The more I looked at the scene, and saw how strange it was, the more I realized that this had to be a blog post!

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Except for a few small spots that appear to be paint splatter, these nicely broke-in Sperry Topsider's appear to be in good shape and definitely good enough to wear for a night on the town on date night!

Anonymous said...

The shoes on the left looks like you need a lesson in tying shoes - only a loop on the right - or is it the photo?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

The loops of the rawhide laces are twisted, so there are loops on both sides, even though you can't really see it.