Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Time to Go...


My faithful track shoes...  When it was time to put a new roof on the house, which took two years, these were the shoes I wore.  They were soft and flexible, and didn't damage the new roofing when I walked around on it.  As you can see they have taken a beating from the rough granular surface of the asphalt shingles.  So the roof was finished about seven years ago, and because of the holes in the fabric, if I wear these, my toes stick out.  So it is time to say farewell to my faithful companions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Goodbye faithful shoes. Spencer's hold on to too much stuff. Time to say goodbye! :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, we Spencers do have that pack rat gene!

Anonymous said...

WoW! These have looked like this for 7 years?? It was time to say goodbye. Joan and I are getting better about downsizing and getting rid of "old" possessions. Sometimes, it is so difficult...bsk