Monday, July 13, 2015

North County Scenes 2


Found this waterfall almost by accident.  It is only a mile down the road from the home where the reunion was held.  Jim, the homeowner said that a river ran behind his property, and I wanted to see that river.  He mentioned a bridge that crossed the river, and that's why I drove down the road.  Imagine my surprise to find this waterfall here!  I photographed the falls in color, but decided that the color added nothing to the image - you could see the form of the water and rocks better in black and white.  And here is a secret.  When you shoot at a normal shutter speed, like 1/125th of a second, the water is frozen, and the effect is not all that pretty.  So I braced my elbows on part of the bridge and hand-held the camera with the shutter set at 1/8th of a second.  Please click on this image to see it in more detail, and you will find the blurred water in the photo has a nice feeling to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I love the different levels of rocks creating the falls. I am so used to the falls behind City Hall that is one flat level ledge.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

I never really noticed this, believe it or not - I was just taking the picture. Duh! Thanks for pointing it out!

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise for you to find this waterfall. Pretty. Makes me want to jump in - looks so refreshing. bsk