Thursday, July 2, 2015

Zinnia and Baby's breath


Late in the day I went over to the garden to see how the Zinnias are doing and there were a couple of beautiful blossoms on display.  As I moved around photographing the blossom, I suddenly noticed that behind the blossom which I was concentrating on, was a whole constellation of tiny blossoms of Baby's breath.  It looked as if I was looking at a galaxy of stars!  Without the Baby's breath, this would just be an ordinary photograph of one blossom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day brightener! Beautiful colors and the baby's breath creates a magical backdrop - like fairy dust being carried by the wind.

Anonymous said...

I love baby's breath but never had any luck growing it in my garden. It does finish the photo.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your comments. A magical backdrop, indeed! I love this: "fairy dust being carried by the wind."

Anonymous said...

I also like the baby's breath out of focus in the background. Really sets off the brightness and clarity of the Zinnia. bsk