Friday, July 3, 2015

Look What My Sister Made!


We always have a "July 4th" party every year, to celebrate all the family born in July.  My mom and dad were born in July, as was my sister Betsey and I.  Amy was born in July, and my niece Kelsey was as well.  That's why we have the July 4th party.  Everyone brings something, especially desserts.  These are sour cream cookies that Betsey made.  These are incredibly delicious, as well as being cleverly decorated.  There is a secret, however.  They are REALLY difficult to make!  They are refrigerator cookies, which means you make the dough, and then refrigerate the dough.  Then after an hour or so, you take the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin.  Well, Betsey said the dough was very sticky, and very frustrating to try and roll out - it stuck to everything.  Betsey even said that she said a couple of bad words while making these!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were so soft and delicious and fun to look at. Happy Birthday and 4th of July.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I guess I shouldn't have told my story of the sour cream cookies. I love soft cookies! Thank goodness the decorating was easier than the making. Happy Birthday, again, on this July 4th, 2015! bsk