Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Painted Fence, and a Fern


I was out pulling weeds and ferns that had grown up, almost instantly, it seems, around my newly painted fence.  The sun was out, and I was taken by the delicacy of the fern fronds.  The problem was that in bright sunlight, some of the fern was in sunlight and some in shadow. So I waited for later in the day, when both the fern and fence were in shadow.  I think that this photograph is interesting because it is a bit disorienting, if you try and figure out what you are looking at, and from what angle.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a stand of spring green pine trees. An oh-so-gentle wind barely sways the wispy branches. The trees are standing guard on the edge of a mirror lake and the photographer has captured an angled perspective of the steadfast verdant soldiers.

Ken Spencer said...

I love these poetic comments! Thanks!