Sunday, July 12, 2015

North Country Scenes


I love driving around the North Country in upstate New York, because I never know what I will find.  On this trip to the family reunion, I spotted this barn before we even arrived at the reunion.  In fact I drove by two barns which I photographed.  The light reflecting off the silver colored roof was what first grabbed my attention.  I tried a number of different compositions and ended up with this wide-angle view, showing the barn bracketed by the two evergreen trees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the pictures of the reunion and upstate. I am always amazed (after living where I have for my life) how much open space there is in upstate and western New York. It's all so beautiful. Don't comment much on your photos but consistently continue to enjoy the photos and the interesting stories that go along with them. Thanks for sharing the blog with us. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Trace: Thanks for your comments. As Kathy and I were driving around, both getting there, and driving around up there, we were reminded once again what a beautiful state New York is!