Tuesday, March 26, 2019

American Vernacular


My friend Stan and I are always shooting pictures of buildings and scenes that we find in various places, and we call them "American Vernacular."  We both kind of know what that means but then I decided to look up the term.  "Architecture concerned with domestic and functional use rather than public or monumental buildings."  So I guess that Kentucky Fried Chicken is what you can call functional use, huh?  Anyhow, I really loved the light on this building, which is why I took this shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is surprising to me to see these two fast food eateries next to each other. Nice Lighting though.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Ken, what a combo- KFC and Taco Bell!
Stan

ken schwarz said...

American Vernacular Architecture strikes me as the perfect description for one building housing two different fast food chains. My guess is that some enterprising entrepreneur bought the two franchises and decided to house them both in one building.