Friday, March 29, 2019

Riding in the Tube


We flew from JFK to Charlotte, North Carolina today.  We are here visiting relatives on Kathy's side, who we have not seen in maybe 5 years.  We got a good price on the flight, but because it was the cheapskate price, we couldn't choose our seats - they were assigned by the airline when we checked in.  The good news is that we were across the aisle from each other.  The bad news is I NEVER fly without sitting at a window seat, as you have seen on my blog, where I do photographs of the landscape we are flying over.  Fortunately, it was less than a two hour flight, so I managed to survive without photographing the outside.  But it felt as if I was riding in a tube in the sky, which I was!  What I can't quite imagine is that an airplane is a magic carpet that gives us a completely different view of the world, and half the people in the cabin have closed their window shades so they can't even see the Earth below!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit. I also prefer a window seat so I can enjoy the views.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Joan: Yes, it seems so strange to have no way of viewing what's outside. I love flying, but flying like this is not as miuch fun.

Anonymous said...

I have always preferred to look out the window so I can view what is going on outside. betsey