Friday, February 26, 2021

Crabmeat Stuffed Flounder


We were trying to figure out what to have for dinner a couple of days ago while wandering around "The Farm" where we shop.  As we passed the prepared food cases, we spotted a tray of "Tilapia stuffed with crabmeat."  This is NOT that dish!  THAT dish was a small piece of Tilapia with a pile of imitation crabmeat piled high on top.  I don't know why we bought a serving, but we did.  It was huge so we split it.  It was pretty much tasteless.  I mean, what did we expect, with imitation crabmeat.  So I set about making the real thing.  They had no tilapia, so I bought two flounder filets and a can of crabmeat, and looked up a recipe on the internet.  THIS is the result.  It was absolutely awesome!  And I cooked it.  I am a genius in the kitchen...   :-)

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. I knew you were a master of salmon on the outdoor grill, but did not know you cooked in the oven! :-)
This looks and sounds delicious. Something I may have eaten at Scribner's but never tried to make at home. Maybe, I'll start looking on the internet. Great job kitchen genie!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Oh I haven't made this dish in years. I cooked for company a few times. I looked in my recipe box to see if there was a date on it. No such luck. My recipe had a white wine, swiss cheese and cream sauce. I think I will be buying some flounder soon to cook this again because your photo is making me drool :-) Glad you decided to cook it! betsey

ken schwarz said...

Flounder stuffed with Crabmeat was my go-to seafood dinner when I was living up North anytime I saw it on a restaurant menu. Your rendition looks like the best I've ever seen. Yum!

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, wow, wow.. Thank you all for your nice comments. I was actually surprised at how good it was! I need to trust myself in the kitchen... :-)