Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Man and His Machine


This is my monster snow blower that just loves to eat snow!  Without this machine I would be completely lost.  Up until 5 years ago, Kathy and I would shovel our 80 foot-long driveway by hand with snow shovels.  On days of heavy snow that process might take 3 or 4 hours with breaks. In later years, the neighbor across the street, or the neighbor kitty-corner from us would loan me their snow blowers when they had finished their driveways, which was a life-saver!  Then I decided we should have our own snow blower.  When it took 4 hours to shovel our driveway so we could get our cars out, that felt like being trapped.  So it is fun to have our own machine at last.  The question is, did I see the newspaper in the green plastic bag in time to avoid shredding it with the machine.  The answer is "Yes."

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got your own monster machine. That is a lot of snow you are plowing through and I would not want to shovel 80 feet of it. Yay for noticing your paper! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love your red jacket matching your red "monster" snow blower. Glad you didn't shred your newspaper :-) That's a lot of snow to get through. I know it was heavy. Kudos to Kathy for taking this shot. betsey