Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Wedding Present


Kathy was in the attic looking for some old clothes so she could use the fabric for some of the dolls she is making.  She found a box, and in it was this beautiful sterling silver bowl.  We have not seen that bowl since we moved into the house 51 years ago.  It was a wedding present, so whoever gave us this, thank you very much!  I spent an hour or so with silver polish and now it looks good as new.  I put this on the dining room table to photograph it, and it looked different depending on where I photographed this from.  It is acting like a wide angle mirror, and so there are seven images of me in the bowl - can you find them all?  The bowl makes a wonderful centerpiece on the dining room table now!

 

3 comments:

Ron said...

Wow! When I first saw this I said to myself, is that Ken in the bowl? He wouldn’t do that. Then I thought better and knew that you did it for a reason. I did find all seven! Thanks for the great shot.

Anonymous said...

When I first looked at this, I thought it was a decorated bowl. Then quickly realized that it was a silver bowl. I also received one for a wedding present. I will need a lot of "elbow grease" to shine it up as nicely as yours. Love your reflections in the bowl :-) betsey

Anonymous said...

I also thought it was a bowl with a design until I read your post. I did find all seven of you. Fun photo. On another note, I look forward to seeing another post of all the dolls Kathy is making and their new clothes.
Joan