Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Not Much Left


I was out in Melville near where I used to work so I decided to go by where the building was.  I had taken some photographs of the demolition that had started maybe a year ago, and posted them on Januyary 11, 2020, but I haven't seen it since then.  I didn't know what to expect.  I was surprised that there was still a small section of the building still standing, on the left in the photo.  To the right were piles of concrete rubble, I guess from the floors and walls of the building.  I worked at Newsday for 41 years, but I started at the original building in Garden City in November of 1966.  Then we moved to here in Melville in 1980.  I took a buyout in March of 2008, so you can do the math.  Click on this photo to see more details.  Below is the panoramic photograph I took that gives a much wider view of the scene.  Be sure and click on that photograph.







 

2 comments:

icedaniel.se said...

Very fine.

Anonymous said...

I still feel the same as I did on 1/11/20. A shame to tear down a building that is not that old. I would have expected it to be completed over a years time. Nice to have wonderful memories of friends and colleagues over a long career at Newsday.
Joan