Friday, February 12, 2021

The Wall


I went for a walk today, but had to take a new route.  The sidewalks I walk on down by the harbor are buried under snow, and being that it is a state road, and busy, I am not going to walk in the street.  So I went up hill, and did my 2 1/2 mile walk on residential streets.  The photographic possibilities are not as interesting as down by the water.  So I found a few things that I will be posting.  But this is the last thing I shot and I really like this as something different from what I usually shoot.  This is a concrete wall with maybe 2 feet between the bottom and the curb.  The homeowner always has flowers and things growing in the narrow garden.  The wall was plain concrete, then he put up latticework, and painted it white, but after one season it warped and he removed it.  Then he painted the wall white, and this is what it looks like after another season.  To me, this is such a beautiful background with the gray streaks running down.  And with a bare, single plant, suddenly I had my picture




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloom and doom to me. Please return in the Spring or Summer and take another photo with living flowers.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Joan: Yes, it is really gloomy and dark. Not usually something I am looking for but the image was so strong that I had to shoot it. Pretty photograph of trees and sky coming up!

Anonymous said...

When I first looked at this, I thought it was a waterfall...betsey