Sunday, February 21, 2021

Fun With A Drone


I happened to look out the dining room window late this afternoon and saw long shadows on the snow in the side yard.  I thought it might make a nice shot from above, so I ran downstairs and grabbed my drone.  The battery was low in the drone, and worse in my iPhone which I need to connect to the controller to see what I am photographing.  I managed to get the drone in the air, but only for about 5 minutes.  It was a bit windy so I had some difficulty getting the drone in exactly the right spot, but I did get this photograph which I really like.  If you wonder why the snow is so blue, the shadows of the house and the garage are on the lawn, and so the shadows are illuminated only by the light of the blue sky overhead.  The white snow is illuminated by the direct light of the setting sun, which is why it is white.  Can you find my shadow?

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool photo and I like the old foot prints and fresh foot prints, but I did not see your shadow. Wonderful colors.
Joan

Ron said...

On the right side?

Anonymous said...

I think this looks really cool! So many interesting textures. I spotted you "sticking out" of the right hand side (head and shoulders). betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Ron and Betsey win the "where's Ken?" contest! Congratulations to you both!