Friday, December 2, 2022

Fall Color


A friend from upstate sent me an email and was curious how much fall color there was still around here.  In Rochester, for instance there isn't a leaf on a tree up there.  I took this photograph about 2 days ago, before the rain and the wind.  Our Japanese maple was at its peak about 5 days ago, and the Japanese maple behind the garage on a neighbor's property was at peak also.  I will show you a photograph of that tree in a couple of days.  This Japanese maple is in another neighbor's yard and I shot this with a 300mm lens from our yard.  What spectacular color!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! All of the trees around me are bare. I would expect us to be similar as we are just across the sound from each other. So very different.
Joan

Anonymous said...

These "citrus" colors are spectacular! It is amazing that the Japanese maple holds on to the leaves so long. Beautiful photo! betsey