Friday, December 23, 2022

The Salon


This was the night of the famous Salon which Liz and Amy and Sarah have put on for 6 years now!  It is a gathering of friends and family and children.  There is food and wonderful conversations and some of the people attending perform with singing, and Kathy and I did a funny skit based on something we saw on television back in the 1970's.  What is astounding is the music that Liz and Amy and Sarah do!  They work on their songs and practice until their harmonies are perfect and their performances are beautiful, and fun as well.


And this is Korina who is an amazing performer.  She sits down and begins singing a story of trying to find out how Santa can visit so many houses and leave so many gifts in one night.  It is in kind of a folk music story that is sung - I think they called it "talking blues" or something like that with a dry kind of humor and her number never fails to elicit laughter.


This is an overview of the scene of most of the people in the living room, but there is a room behind me - I am standing in the doorway, where other people sit and watch.  It is such a fun gathering and so nice for us to see all of their friends and renew acquaintances each year 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to celebrate the holidays. Nice photos of Liz, Sarah and Amy. Their singing and music are wonderful ways to bring joy to others. Trace

Anonymous said...

Love it! I can hear Liz, Sarah & Amy singing in my mind. Looks like so much fun and joy for the holidays. I want to know more about your skit with Kathy. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a delightful way to come together and celebrate the Holidays! We look forward to seeing the video of your skit too!!🎄😘

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Liz, Sarah and Amy are celebrating again bringing music and laughter to their family and friends. Can't wait to see and hear the video. I always loved listening to Liz and Amy harmonize when they were younger. Reminds me of my mom and her twin sister harmonizing in church. Heartwarming! betsey