Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Rocks, Water and the Sun


I posted a photograph two days ago titled "The Cold Sea."  It was an OK photograph but not great.  It did set a mood I thought.  But, when I posted it, I knew I had this as another choice and I knew this was a much better photograph!  And I am not sure why. One of the two great photographers I studied with was Ralph Hattersley.  He knew all about photographers and photography and what photographers are up to.  One day he told us: "Never ask a photographer what they are up to, they are the last to know!"  So there you go.  I can take photographs but have no idea why...   :-)

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful scene! Great photo. Trace

Anonymous said...

Love this photo with the sun on the rocks and waves rolling in. I smiled at the quote. You have always had a keen eye and I enjoy looking a variety of photos and the knowledge that you share.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I think what makes today's blog photo special are the small patches of sunlight being reflected off the waves and providing a slight uplifting feeling against an otherwise bleak seascape!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a great photo. It also looks cold but there is a richness in those chocolate brown rocks and the shimmer of light on the foamy waves. betsey

Anonymous said...

I really like this! You captured it all! The peace, the power and amazing beauty all coming together….