Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year!


I went for a walk late this afternoon.  Really late, in fact.  It was long after sunset, and in fact it was really dark when I started my walk.  It was drizzling and the fog was really thick!  The fog made everything magical!  I took more photographs on my harbor walk today, than I have ever taken on this walk!  I may have to create "Fog Week" in order to show you all of the different things I photographed.  These trees are in a town park and a marina called Tappan Beach.  The other thing that was really cool, believe it or not, was the experience of walking in the dark, in the fog!  I have never done that before.  It was a really interesting and different feeling.  What a way to end the year!

 

6 comments:

Ron said...

Ken, I really enjoy your photos and the education that your explanations provide. I love fog too! Happy new year and I look forward to 2023 to see what you show and teach us.

Anonymous said...

Very different photo. It was so foggy here, it was eery. I hope you had a bright yellow raincoat on so people could see you walking in the dark.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Happy New Year to my old Sea Cliff pal. I am looking forward to seeing many cool photos in 2023. Best wishes to you for good health and much laughter in the New Year and many new and interesting fun facts for me from your blog!

Anonymous said...

I would not want to be walking alone in the darkness and fog - scary!! Cool photo, though! Happy New Year to you. Looking forward to new interesting photos and stories in the new year. I always learn something new...betsey

Ken Spencer said...

I was wearing a brilliant yellow LL Bean jacket, and it was dark out, but it wasn't pitch black. I was walking on the sidewalk by the harbor, and there are streetlights all along where I walked, and giant lights on poles at the marina and in the park. So in terms of photographs, it was dark out, but I was never in the dark, as strange as that sounds.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your kind wishes, and I will continue to work hard to bring you what I hope are interesting photographs in 2023.